Finding a Good Editor for Your Needs
- Contact other indie authors on Facebook. Politely inquire who edited their work and if they were happy working with the editor. This is where networking with other indie authors comes in handy.
- Find an editor that deals with the genre you are writing in. If you write horror or paranormal, don’t contact an editor that deals strictly with romance or children’s books.
- Do a search on Facebook for pages called Editorial Services. Research them on the web.
- Decide on the type of editing you need. Some editors offer package deals and payment plans so you don’t end up murdering your bank account.
- Also check Preditors & Editors for any red flags on an editor you are thinking of contacting.