1. It’s fun to follow writers you love. You might even gather up the courage to reach out to them! (eek!)
2. Many writers, editors, and agents give helpful advice and tips on platforms like Twitter — for free!
3. It’s good to have a platform to share your work, personality, and interests.
4. Sometimes, you get to “meet” other writers. Some of them may even become friends.
5. You might get lucky and get a cool job/gig from a social media interaction. (It happened to me!)
6. Blogging is “technically” social media. Technically.
7. You might have to do some extra practice focusing and tuning out distractions … not bad, if you remember to unplug.
8. Fun prompts from other writers!
9. There are online communities — positive ones — where you can voice your frustrations and find support.
10. Unfortunately, having a “following” really matters in modern publishing.
View original post 89 more words